Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Update


This is a visitor we found on our front door the other day. The picture does not even give it justice. It was about the size of my hand and so bright on color. At first we thought it was dead, so Aden and I got a jar ready to put it in. But it flew away as soon as we touched it. The next few minutes were filled with Aden chasing it around outside and giggling ever time he got closer to touching it. It was fun to watch.
Well Aden went fishing for the first time on Saturday. I have some pics I'll post later. He was so cute. The Kiwanis club had a fishing tournament for kids. Everyone there was so serious about the whole thing. I am sure they were laughing at us behind our backs. I think the longest the line actually stayed in the water was a whole 60 seconds. Aden wanted to reel it in over and over. He didn't quite understand the whole sitting and waiting part. After that he just started throwing his worms in the lake. I am sure our fellow fishers loved us for giving all the fish "freebies".
The weather has actually cooled off here the last couple of days we have been enjoying some outside time. Who knows how long it will last. The way things go here it could be 90 again
tomorrow. We are all doing great. We started walking as a family this week. It has been fun. Ryan and I are determined to shed a few pounds. It seems like we always have that goal though. We are trying to make our focus being healthy this time around.
Tomorrow I am starting a weekly class on learning to communicate with your autistic child. It is titled, "More than Words" Brynn's ECI teacher suggested it. We are also looking into HIPPO therapy with horses for her. It was recommended by her PT. There is a program close by that we are working on getting enrolled into.
Hope everyone is good. Take care y"all!!

2 comments:

Jess said...

What a beautiful butterfly! How did you get out to take a picture without it flying away? That is talent my friend!

I'm glad that Aiden had the chance to go fishing! Sounds like he had a blast.

Good for you guys with the family walks! You can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I hope it cools down for you guys soon.

Take care!

Unknown said...

That butterfly does NOT look real! Holy cow, it's beautiful!

Who cares what other people think! I'm glad Aden had such a good time fishing. Really what child could sit there and wait for fish?

Hippos and horses? What? Glad you are getting some suggestions.

Way to go on the walking! We need to do that too.