Sunday, August 27, 2006

My big boy- I don't know where he learned this from!!!
OK OK so I was looking at my last post and it was the 8th and it is the 27th today! Hello I need to get back with it!! We are all doing well. Aden is getting so big I can't believe it. It is so crazy because you always see your kids as so little and dependent on you. Then there are moments when you look at them and they seem so big and grown up. He says the funniest things. Today he had a potty accident and I was trying to talk to him sternly and he looked me in the face and said, "Look, mom don't be angry" It was as if he was the grown up it was so cute. Then I put him to bed tonight and we kept saying, " mom don't you want to come and see me?" What I am I supposed to say?? So we snuggled for a while. I sure do love that little guy!
Brynn is making good progress. She is getting fitted for some ankle braces on Tueasday. There just little plastic things that go barely over her ankles. We are hoping it will give her a little extra support and she will feel confident enough to stand and walk on her own. We are still waiting to get her in and diagnosed. I found out it won't be quite as long of a wait, Nov/Dec. Much better than a year! I mentioned her hitting head on the wall and they might ecven be able to get her in sooner. I am pretty convinced she is somewhere in the autistic spectrum. I have read so much. Some cases I have read about match her so closely. I have already had my sad and sick feeling about it. I am accepting it now. The good news is she is probably on the low end of the spectrum. Which means with lots of therapy she will probably be pretty close to normal. That sounds so wierd because we already think of her as normal. She is a cutie! Anyways hope all is well. I try to be a little more regular on the blog!!!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Hooray.. you're back :)

Aden sounds so cute! I think they understand SOO much more than we think and help us to put back in perspective what life is really all about!

My heart aches for you and your sweet little Brynn. That is so hard as a parent to not know, but it sounds like you are totally figuring it out. (I think sometimes parents really do know what it is before doctors do!) She will do great and is lucky to have you as her mommy!

Such a cute little family you have.

Have a great week my friend!

Unknown said...

Ha! What a cute kid! Love that he is chuging the Sprite. If it were my kiddies it would be Diet Pepsi! BAD!

Cute Brynn. All is well. She'll get there when she does, no rush. That is good that you won't have to wait a whole year.

Have a good holiday weekend.