Thursday, June 29, 2006

HO HUM

So I have been totally reflective the past couple of days. I just found out this week I would be released from the RS Presidency. I was serving as the enrichment counselor. The whole presidency is being changed. It is bitter sweet like all things that make a big impact in our lives. I wonder if I did OK ya know. I was gathering all of my books and materials together to pass on and started thinking wow I really didn't even scratch the surface here. I did do my best though so that is what matters I guess. I know for sure that I was on the learning end the whole time!!!
I am feeling relieved as well. I really want to focus on my kids. Especially Brynn. She is developmentally delayed and is having different therapies right now. She will be fine, but right now she requires a lot of time and work in order to get "caught up". She is such a beautiful little girl. We went to the playground this afternoon and she actually took two step all by herself. I was so proud of her. I hope she will be walking by her second birthday. Aden does such a good job at helping me with her exercise and special games.
We have been spending lots of time at the pools this week. It is my goal to get Aden swimming this summer or at least willing to go under the water all by himself. He is scared to get his face wet. It is so funny when we are at the pool and he gets a little bit of water in his face, he jumps out runs to his towel and wipes his face of. As you can imagine his face is constantly getting wet since, hello it is a swimming pool, so pretty much most of the time he is just going back and forth from the pool to his towel. I try to explain that it is OK to get your face wet at the pool! Brynn is total opposite, she wants to keep her face in the pool the whole time, which creates a whole new set of problems!! It is funny to see the differences in personalities. I love them both!!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I know exactly how you are feeling about being released. I was released about 8 months ago as 2nd couns. and it was a bitter sweet time, but oh it has been so nice! I do miss it, but I love the extra time I have with my kids now.

I am sure you did a WONDERFUL job. People will be super sad to see you released. It is always fun to see what the next calling will be though?!. Maybe Pres.?! :)

Your kids are so cute. How old is Brynn? She is beautiful. What a fun little family you have.

I am going to add you to my sidebar. I hope that is okay.

Unknown said...

Well hopefully the relief feels better than the sadness. I'm sure you did such a great job.

Thanks for your uplifting words on my last post. I was feeling a little bummed.

I need to take my kiddies swimming. They are the same G would do the same thing as Aden and Q would be the same as Brynn. They are complete opposites sometimes.

Talk to you soon!