Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Father's Day


Aden and I made Ryan a candy bar poster for Father's Day - You know the kind that you made for your daddy when you were a kid or to answer your prom date in High School.It was fun to buy the treats together and make up the little saying. Of course it was a bit challenging to keep it a secret for two whole days. I hid it under our bed, but we all know that little kids have sugar radar. Aden told Ryan about it a whole 5 minutes after seeing him. Ryan was laughing as he got him to tell what the other present was as well. I am going to have to plan my present shopping in secret and alone for now on. I swear every hour from Friday until Sunday, Aden would look under our bed, just to make sure that the poster was still there. He had already planned out which treats Ryan was going to share with him. Needless to say it was the first thing he wanted to to Sunday morning- get the poster out. Ryan made him wait until after church to have a treat so that we could take a quick picture.

Brynn wasn't very happy in the pic, because she wanted the 100 Grand candy bar right then and there. Unfortunately they both have my sweet tooth. Aden has 3 cavities in the plans to get filled-yikes! (I promise I make him brush!)

This Father's Day was a bit challenging for the Piekarski bunch as it is the first without Ryan's dad, Lee. Ryan's mom gave him some really great pictures of his dad and it made us all realize how much we love and miss him.

I have been thinking of my own little family tonight and how much they mean to me. I sure love them and am grateful for them. We had so much fun shooting hoops on Aden's little plastic basketball stand. I also bought Brynn the cutest pair of knee high boots on clearance from Toys R Us. They are big, being meant for next winter. They go right up to her thighs. She looked so cute, we got a kick out of it.

Well that is is for tonight. We are still getting over this yucky sickness we have had for the last three weeks, so I am beat! Take Care

3 comments:

Kari said...

Hi the Pies,I am glad to see some cool pictures of the Family, but where is the Papa Pie?

Unknown said...

So funny! I haven't seen one of those candy bar posters in ages. I need to make one!

Q actually does a pretty good job keeping secrets. She has such a short attention span sometimes I think she's really just preoccupied!

Love that you love having your family. It's good to feel blessed!

Talk to you soon!

Jess said...

Jentry-
IS it really you?? My old IHC pal?
How are you doing? I can't believe how big Aden is. I have a picture of him and Tayler at Carolyn's baby shower. Crazy!!

I hope that everything is going well with you. Take care my friend!
Jessica (linton) Dunroe :)