Friday, September 26, 2008

Sweet Silence

Silence for the first time in 2 weeks. No humming of generators permeating the neighborhood. Just quiet. Love it. We have power as of 2:00 this afternoon. We are enjoying the A/C! I have some pics of some of the destruction here. Ryan's mom's street looked liked a war zone and is still far from being back to normal. We never thought we would be happy that we did not have trees. We live in a new neighborhood where the builder just happened to wipe out the forest and for that we are grateful, just this once. I think trees were the main weapon of destruction in our area. Trees everywhere. Across the street, in houses, ripping up entire yards. These are huge trees. 100 footers. I'll post pictures ASAP. Right now we are enjoying the quiet. Thanks for the good thoughts!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear that you are all ok. My Bro served in Spring for awhile. I should have gotten in contact with you sooner. He loves to play guitar, would kill to get the chance to play.

Abyss said...

So glad you guys are okay. I bet you were so happy to start that first load of laundry! We were w/o power for weeks after a hurricane too (2005) and I was so surprised at how dirty everything was. We have a gas stove that got alot of use (neighbors love their coffee)and even though I cleaned I didn't have enough light to clean really well. UGH! I was ready to turn the lights off!
Sorry to hear about all the damage- we always say they are good pruners!

Kari said...

I am glad to see that you have the A/C back on. Kari and I we had some trees cut down arround our house in Virginia for the same reason. We are glad to know that you were being watched over!